db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Fox <Thomas....@seitenbau.net>
Subject Re: Torque 4 next steps
Date Tue, 17 May 2011 19:55:30 GMT
> On 09.05.11 22:02, Thomas Fox wrote:
> > - remove remnants from village usage from om classes
> > This would mean removing  the getOMClass() method, the CLASS_DEFAULT
> > constant and the initClass() method in the generated peers. They were
> > needed to create instances of the database object classes but this is
not
> > necessary any more with the mapper classes. Any objections here ?
>
> Sorry for not replying earlier, but yes. The getOMClass() method is used
> for the inheritance feature of Torque which I happen to use. How would
> that work with the mapper classes?

The idea is that the record mapper class looks into the inheritance key
column and knows the mapping from keys to classes to instantiate.
But looking at the generated code (
org.apache.torque.test.BaseInheritanceClassnameTestRecordMapper in the test
project), it seems that the mapping feature is currently not working, No
mapping takes place but the inheritance key column is taken to contain the
om class name directly.
Obviously, also a test case is missing because junit tests are green at the
moment.
I'll look into it.

Is this your only objection against removing the method or do you think
this method should stay anyway ?

     Thomas