db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Fox <Thomas....@seitenbau.net>
Subject create package org.apache.torque.sql in torque runtime
Date Thu, 05 May 2011 13:31:07 GMT

I'd like to create a new package org.apache.torque.sql for all classes
which main purpose is SQL generation and storage of SQL (but classes which
can be rendered into SQL like e.g. Criteria would stay where they are).
This would serve two purposes:
- The util package has become quite large and the sql generation classes
serve a different purpose than most of the other classes (which are used
directly by torque users)
- The sql package could be declared as torque-internal (i.e. it is not
considered API and we can change the method signatures there)

The affected classes would be Query, SQLBuilder, JoinBuilder and
SqlExpression in org.apache.torque.util.

Furthermore, I'd like to merge the SqlExpression code into SQLBuilder (I do
not see any criteria to divide the sql generation code into these two
classes) and restructure the SqlExpression code a bit (it is currently not
very readable).

Any objections ?

      Thomas