db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Monroe <Greg.Mon...@dukece.com>
Subject RE: svn commit: r1038355 - /db/torque/village/trunk/src/java/com/workingdogs/village/Schema.java
Date Thu, 02 Dec 2010 22:34:10 GMT
OK, catching up after a week and a bit off...

FYI - SummaryHelper did not make it into the last Torque release, so it's
only in the repository.  The Village release probably should not be held
up by this.

As pointed out, the underlying problem is that column names in the metadata
may have different cases depending on the DB server. This means that results
can be stored under a different name that was defined.

FWIW - I used ListOrderedMap for the results since it was close to what you
get in a normal JDBC ResultSet.  E.g, access info by index or name.

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a case insensitive version of this
in commons.

I think the quick fix would be to create a subclass of ListOrderedMap that
added a case insensitive methods like get( String key ),
put( String key, Object value ), indexOf(String key), remove( String key),
and containsKey ( String key ). Then use this instead of ListOrderedMap in
the SummaryHelper code.

Greg

DukeCE Privacy Statement:
strictly prohibited.