db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Christoph Engelbert <c.engelb...@u-form.de>
Subject Re: Antwort: Torque and OSGi
Date Tue, 23 Nov 2010 18:03:57 GMT
 At the moment there's some static way to initialize, shutdown
torque by using the Torque-Class.
The next problem would be some Buddy-Behaviour to make it possible
for a Torque-Service-Bundle to persist the classes from other
bundles (a woldcard-import would be possible but isn't really nice).
I guess for a real Torque bundle that exports services the way
EclipseLink, Hibernate and other peristance engine does there'll be
more problems that does not recognized yet.

At the moment we're using Torque in an OSGi environment but in a
very ugly hacking way. It is bundled to the OSGi-Bundle that uses it
and is initialized for every single os that bundles.

Since there were some discussions about using interfaces and this
possibly means bigger internal changes it could be a good reason to
think about more changes that could help using Torque in OSGi
environments.