db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release village-3.3.1 based on RC1
Date Wed, 10 Nov 2010 20:44:07 GMT
On 11/11/10 6:02 AM, Thomas Vandahl wrote:
> On 08.11.10 21:52, Scott Eade wrote:
>> Can we be sure that the changes made under heading "Removed all methods
>> from Column that are not actually used by Torque" are not going to
>> impact other users of Village?  I haven't had the time to look at this
>> very carefully.
> I'm not aware of any uses outside of Torque.
I know in my apps I sometimes crack the egg and use Village.  It would
have made more sense if we did a release with the bug fixes that was
100% backwards compatible followed by an update that may potentially not
maintain this compatibility.

I doubt if my applications venture so far into village that they would
be impacted and there are so few of us here that this should not have
any major impacts so I am not too concerned.

Scott