db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Fox <Thomas....@seitenbau.net>
Subject RE: created torque 4 branch with village removed
Date Fri, 29 Oct 2010 20:24:54 GMT
> Of course there are a few things left to do (which I will hopefully
tackle
> in the next few weeks):
> - check whether to revive the doPsSelect methods or whether all selects
can
> use prepared statements

Re-added BasePeer.doPSSelect() for now.

> - there was come code in doDelete which handled cascading deletes (at
leats
> theoretically, never saw it working) tris needs to be reimplemented

Not re-added. The code can definitely not have worked for composite foreign
keys because there is no way to tell a composite foreign key from the
database map.

> - Maybe one can clean up LargeSelect from the reflection stuff therein

Not while the Peers have static methods.

So all the open points are closed now. Please give your opinions whether
the solutioon outlined in the trunk-without-village branch is the way to go
for removing village.

   Thanks,

      Thomas