db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <fisc...@seitenbau.net>
Subject Re: [Torque 4] mvn install of templates failes
Date Mon, 04 Oct 2010 07:18:29 GMT
Hi Patrick,

> after looking into the test reports

which is always a good idea to do :-)

> I found the following reason:
>
> testProcessSchemaXml + [ Detail ]   0.864
>    Error parsing controller Configuration : Could not read entity
> reference http://db.apache.org/torque/4.0/templates/database.xsd
>
> The URL http://db.apache.org/torque/4.0/templates/database.xsd is
> referenced in the schema files like
> torque-templates/test/schema/schema.xml and I receive a 404 when trying
> to access it with a browser.

In principle, the URL need not exist, because internally a SAX entity
resolver is used which resolves the URLs internally instead of resolving
them via a HTTP call. I'd rather avoid publishing the schema files before
they become final.
On my local computer, mvn install on the current version of the templates
works fine.

What you can do:
- check that you have the current version of the Torque 4 generator
installed.
- you can bypass the problem by installing the templates without running
the tests using the maven switch -Dmaven.test.skip=true
- I had some difficulties before when using XML Parsers from the JDK; but
since there is a direct dependency to xerces 2.9.1 now this should not be a
problem.
- Can you run the tests inside an IDE (e.g. eclipse) and set a breakpoint
in org.apache.torque.generator.configuration.source.EntityReferences.
resolveEntity() (in the generator jar) and see whether it gets called and
if yes why it fails ?

    Thomas