db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <fisc...@seitenbau.net>
Subject RE: database.dtd replaced by database.xsd in torque 4
Date Sun, 12 Sep 2010 07:59:51 GMT
> Out of curiosity, does this mean all schema.xml files will have
> to be modified with the xsd headers?   Not a bad thing, just wondering
> if you had figured out how to support both ddt and xsd.  FWIW, I briefly
> experimented with writing some code that would read the first few lines
> of the schema, then decide which parser to use. I was thinking of
minimizing
> the disruption in using the new code.

If you do not add a xsd header, the parser will just not validate.
If a dtd is given, the document is validated against this dtd. However, the
3.x dtds are currently not built in the jar so they are retrieved via the
internet. Do we want to change this ? We're not strictly compatible to the
3.x DTDs any more (see recent jira changes, even if we keep the
autoincrement attribute), so I'm -0.1 on it. On the other hand, it is no
big deal to resolve these DTDs from the jars.

Any other opinions on this ?

    Thomas