db-torque-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Thomas Fischer <fisc...@seitenbau.net>
Subject Re: Release Torque-4.0-alpha1 soon? & set of supported databases
Date Thu, 30 Sep 2010 04:40:09 GMT
>From the lack of answers to the qeustion whether or not to release
Torque-4.0-alpha1 soon, I conclude that the idea does not have strong
support and that we want to have a go at the runtime first.

Of course, changing the runtime will also change the generated classes and
thus the templates.

How do we organize the rewriting? My fear is that if everybody changes
everything we end up in chaos, so I'd suggest as a minimum that someone who
wants to change something dicusses the change at the dev list first and
starts implementing after that discussion.
Then, maybe we could use the Wiki for an overview of plans people have and
who is doing what.

Also, discussions will come up whether or not functionality is kept or not.
In an ideal world, we would have test cases for all supported
functionality. Well, in our world, we have the test project.... In my
opinion, we should try to add test cases to check more functionality.
As we are at it, any objections against using JUnit 4.x instead of 3.8?

Also, I'd suggest some general cleanup should be done before. E.g. we
vaguely decided (at least no one objected) to drop java 1.4 support. Any
objections against removing the java5 switch from the templates(set to
"true") and using java5 generics to the runtime ?


To unsubscribe, e-mail: torque-dev-unsubscribe@db.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: torque-dev-help@db.apache.org

View raw message