db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Monroe <Greg.Mon...@dukece.com>
Subject RE: please enlighten me... attributes "abstract" and "alias" on tables
Date Mon, 27 Sep 2010 13:44:03 GMT
I had a vague memory that these were related to Turbine user management.
Some googling these scraps of info (from 2001-ish) about alias:

http://www.mail-archive.com/turbine-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg03870.html

http://wiki.apache.org/db-torque/PostgreSQLFAQ#What_other_issues_are_there.3F

The latter seems to indicate that alias is not needed after Turbine 2.3.
There are hints in the former thread that alias might also perform the
same function as the nosql attribute.

I seem to remember that abstract might have been designed for people
who wanted to build/supply their own Torque objects rather than use
the generated ones.  This might have been related to doing custom
Turbine user management object.  But I'm not sure.

My guess is that we could drop them and nobody would miss them.  Especially
since they have not been documented well for years.

DukeCE Privacy Statement:
strictly prohibited.