db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Vandahl ...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Attibute modifications in schema
Date Wed, 29 Sep 2010 18:43:52 GMT
On 27.09.10 21:52, Thomas Fischer wrote:
> table.abstract
> I'm of the opinion that the abstract attribute works but Thomas V is of
> another opinion. But, thinking about it, we can make it work once the Peer
> class is not static any more. So the question is do we think it's useful
> and should be kept or should we drop it (This quesion mainly goes to Thomas
> V as Greg has already answered it in favour of dropping)

I tried to make myself clear in another mail. That said, I have never
used that attribute and probably won't miss it.

The idea behind the attribute is however interesting. There are quite a
few other frameworks that generate bean-like classes which could be used
as Torque objects right away (JAXB comes to mind). I remember having a
hard time when I tried to adjust the Fulcrum security interfaces to
Torque objects. Maybe we find a more elegant solution when we rework the
runtime.

Bye, Thomas.