db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Vandahl ...@apache.org>
Subject Re: please enlighten me... attributes "abstract" and "alias" on tables
Date Sun, 26 Sep 2010 17:27:38 GMT
On 25.09.10 22:54, Thomas Fischer wrote:
> As far as I know, static methods are bound at compile time and cannot be
> overridden (i.e the BasePeer code will always access this implementation
> and thus always fail).

AFAICT, no runtime code ever calls getOMClass(). The generated peer
classes call TablePeer.getOMClass() and thus overriding this method
*will* work. It looks like you can define another class that is used in
row2Object(). Don't know if that could be useful.

> I'm equally curious about he "alias" attribute. If it is set, some methods
> are not generated in Torque 3.3 but I do not see why nor a use case. Does
> anybody have one ?

I have no idea about his one.

As we are at it, sometimes in a schema the equivalent to "skipSql" for
the OM classes "skipJava" could be useful.

Bye, Thomas.