db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <fisc...@seitenbau.net>
Subject RE: svn commit: r985704 - in /db/torque/village/trunk: pom.xml src/java/com/workingdogs/village/Column.java src/java/com/workingdogs/village/QueryDataSet.java src/java/com/workingdogs/village/Schema.java src/test/com/workingdogs/village/TestMySQL.java
Date Tue, 17 Aug 2010 07:42:15 GMT
I have looked through the patch. I am not very deep in the logic of
village, so I am not sure that the code works.
But still, I have come across some stuff that is not yet perfect:
-The prepared statement opened in the Schema.schema() method should be
closed after usage. Preferably using a finally clause.
- The Schema.schema method is public. One can call it with different values
of the attributes parameters, so different columns can be cached. This
problem was probably there before, but in inserts and updates, Torque
usually uses the same column combinations, so it did not come to the
surface. I am not sure what will happen if this happens: Is ist just a
cache miss for the missing columns or will it lead to an error ?
- I have no clue what happens when more than one table appears in the
select clause. I should look at it in more detail.

I will be very happy when village will be gone, because I do not understand
it.

       Thomas