db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Vandahl ...@apache.org>
Subject Re: MetaData caching in Village
Date Sun, 15 Aug 2010 13:32:11 GMT
On 12.08.10 09:39, Thomas Fischer wrote:
> That caching in schema is the one that I remembered a month ago. It's a
> pity that the connection is not provided in the constructor QueryDataSet
> (ResultSet resultSet). Thed most difficult task is to create an adequate
> key for caching, as one can connections to multiple databases, and these
> databases can have different table structure. I do not currently have a
> good idea for the caching key.

Actually, there is ResultSet.getStatement().getConnection().

> To summarize, my personal opinion at this point is that the caching is too
> much trouble for a dying project. But if you want to further pursue this I
> can at least offer some thoughts.

I'm scratching my own itch here. I need to apply some Torque stuff to
Postgres and there performance really sucks. I guess, however, even if
we throw Village away some day, we still need some replacement which in
turn needs to have the metadata problem solved. So nothing is lost here.

Bye, Thomas.