db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <fisc...@seitenbau.net>
Subject RE: refactoring names in generator
Date Sun, 16 May 2010 15:07:38 GMT
> Don't have a strong opinion... just a take it or leave it thought
> that since gf is sort of a Template engine that something like
> Transformer might be slightly more appropriate.

Hm a ??? is not just a template wrapper. It could also be a java class or a
xslt stylesheet or just anything which produces text output. So yes,
Transfomer would also be a good name. But, the name Transformer is already
used in the generator; there is an interface called SourceTransformer which
takes the input and transforms it before the ??? instances are applied.

> Or we could go
> with the power analogy and use something like Motor (which produces
> Torque...)

I'd rather have a name which describes what the class does.

> FWIW, I'm thinking we'd still have a Generator project to contain
> all the "build" tools in addition to code generation.  E.g., stuff
> to support the Ant/Maven tasks like jdbc->xml and xml->sql, and
> the like.

xml->sql is also just "code generation", but sql code instead of java code.
For jdbc->xml, I'd rather create a separate subproject. But of course, this
is open to discussion.

> +0.5 Outlet || Transformer
> +0.1 Motor

So overall, I'd stick with "Outlet" if no new suggestions come up.

    Thomas