db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Monroe <Greg.Mon...@dukece.com>
Subject RE: refactoring names in generator
Date Fri, 14 May 2010 18:40:49 GMT
Hmm... sort of a nice reverse logic flow here E.g. in the real world,
Torque is required to turn the Generator which sends power to Outlets.
In our case, the Generator sends stuff to the Outlet to produce
Torque.  Kind of symmetrical, in an odd way.

Don't have a strong opinion... just a take it or leave it thought
that since gf is sort of a Template engine that something like
Transformer might be slightly more appropriate.  Or we could go
with the power analogy and use something like Motor (which produces
Torque...)

FWIW, I'm thinking we'd still have a Generator project to contain
all the "build" tools in addition to code generation.  E.g., stuff
to support the Ant/Maven tasks like jdbc->xml and xml->sql, and
the like.

Anyway, I'd say:

+0.5 Outlet || Transformer
+0.1 Motor