db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <fisc...@seitenbau.net>
Subject RE: Custom generation with standard templates
Date Mon, 08 Mar 2010 08:39:48 GMT

> I have studied the generator getting started page for torque 4 and the
> concept reference. But I have a situation that I think is not mentioned
> there, since that documentation is about building things from scratch.
>
> What I want to do is use some of the standard components, more specific
the
> templates that generate tables, foreign keys and so on with specific
source
> elements (not an entire database schema).
>
> If I have a SourceElement object corrensponding to this xml-element:

>   <column name="id" primaryKey="true" required="true"
javaType="primitive"
> type="INTEGER" />
>   <column name="name" required="true" javaType="primitive" size="64"
> type="VARCHAR" />
>
> And I want to generate sql code unsing the standard table.vm template...
How
> much do I need to setup by myself and what standard components can I use?
> I have looked at the code but I haven't quite figured out what components
> (generator, controller, configuration) are used when generating
sql-files.
> /Ludwig

Ok, this part of the documentation has moved to the templates, as the
generator does not know anything about the torque dtd. See
http://db.apache.org/torque/releases/torque-4.0/documentation/modules/templates/index.html

So obviously, the "overview" page needs to be modified to point to the
module containing the documnetation.

    Thomas