db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Ivano Luberti <lube...@archicoop.it>
Subject Re: torque 4 plan
Date Mon, 08 Mar 2010 09:04:58 GMT
There are many things I don't know enough to even make question but on
other I can ask:

Thomas Fischer ha scritto:

>> - something needs to be done about the ant tasks that were in 3.3. but
>>
> are
>
>> not yet present in 4.0.

there are others than jdbc2xml ?

>> - There might be an alternative to static peer classes to ease plugging
>>
> in
>
>> of an alternative implementation

what could be a possible alternative?
> what will most probably change:
> - village will be removed from the runtime (and as a result from the
> templates)

what will be used instead of Village and why you want to remove it ?

> what might change:
> - subject to further discussion, java 1.4 might not be supported any more
> in the runtime.

I cannot see any reason to support it anymore: whoever is going to
migrate to Torque will have also the time to change jdk

dott. Ivano Mario Luberti
Sede Operativa
Via Gereschi 36 - 56126- Pisa
tel.: +39-050- 580959