db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Ivano Luberti <lube...@archicoop.it>
Subject Re: torque 4 site and further actions
Date Sun, 07 Mar 2010 13:39:01 GMT

Thomas Vandahl ha scritto:

>> - The external-schema support is missing, I hope I get at it in the near
>> future.  However, I'm curious to know what it is good for. Does anybody
>> have a use case ?
>>

> I haven't used this yet, so this is just my understanding what it was
> meant for. Let's say you have a number of modules in your application,
> each having it's own set of tables. If you build an application from
> these modules it might by useful to have all the generated classes in
> one place. It can make the management easier.

Where is this feature documented ?
I don't really understand what you are talking about.

>> - Do we still want to support java 1.4 in Torque 4 runtime & generated
>> classes ?
>>

> Well, my own reason for sticking with JDK 1.4 is gone, so on my account
> we can use JDK 1.5.

Is this going to lead to some rewriting? I don't know the code yet but
could it be that it is needed to rewrite code using unparameterized List
or Map ? Or introducing Enum for some constants set ?
I'm ok with it, just trying to know If I can contribute with this: it
would be quite simple and can help me to know the code browsing it with
some good motivation.

>> - Which databases do we want to support in Torque 4 ? I believe e.g. the
>> claim that we support db2 in Torque 3.3 is just nonsense, we do not have a
>> driver for any recent db2 database. So my suggestion is to concentrate on
>> the databases that we really support and which we test with each release. A
>> suggestion for this set would be mysql, postgresql, mssql, oracle, derby
>> and hsqldb. What do you think ?

What about H2?
http://www.h2database.com/html/main.html

Look at the features table.
I have never used it but some friend of mine really likes it at least as
a test db

dott. Ivano Mario Luberti
Sede Operativa
Via Gereschi 36 - 56126- Pisa