db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <fisc...@seitenbau.net>
Subject Re: How do we want to integrate the torque 4 site into the torque site ?
Date Thu, 11 Feb 2010 15:39:34 GMT
> Hello, I'm new to the dev list, so I hope I'm not going to say something
> that doesn't make sense.
> For what I read the Torque 4 web site already exists and has only to be
> deployed

Unfortunately not, a bit of work is still needed. But it is pretty far.

> If I well understand Torque 4 is quite a major rewriting of the 3.3
> version. We can think the 3.3 will stay in use for some time and the
> versions should have the same dignity in some way.

Hm, probably you are right once torque 4 gains speed. But at the moment it
is
less than a patchwork, so personally I'd put more weight on Torque 3.3.

> If my hypothesis are correct, to me the best solution is the one adopted
> by Tapestry apache site:
>
> http://tapestry.apache.org/
>
> As you see there are two stable versions that are linked from a common
> web site where something about the common parts of the project are
> explained than there are two separate web sites.

Yes, I think that the tapestry approach is a very clean one.
Probably we can adopt it at a later stage when torque 4 is more mature,
but for now my preference would be to use torque 3.3 as the main page....

    Thomas