db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <fisc...@seitenbau.net>
Subject How do we want to integrate the torque 4 site into the torque site ?
Date Wed, 10 Feb 2010 18:58:21 GMT

Currently the torque site is built by maven1, and the different modules
(runtime, generator etc) have their own site. The module sites integrate
into the main sites seamlessly because they have the same navigation
structure and are built by the same program, so the layout is the same for
all the sites.

The question is how we want to integrate the torque 4 site into the main
Torque site. The Torque4 site is generated using maven 2 and thus has a
slightly different layout.

In my opinion, there are two main choices:
1) The Torque4 main site replaces the main site. This approach is
problematic because the torque3 documentation will be hidden in the
"previous releases" part which is not easily found.
2) We add a torque 4 navigation item to the torque3 site which will point
to a directory not in the torque3 site. The torque4 site is then published
as a separate site (it will not incorporate the torque3 navigation, only a
link to torque 3.3 in the "previosu releases" section).

Integrating the Torque3 navigation into the torque 4 site is, in my
opinion, not an option as there is much website layout work involved and
the time can be better used elswhere.

I have a tendency to go for option 2) and will prepare a suggestion based
on this.
If anybody has a better idea please let me know. If the above is not
understandeable, please let me know also and I'll tyr to explain
differently.

          Thomas