db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>
Subject Re: com.workingdogs.village.DataSetException: Bad date value - Java Timestamp Objects cannot be earlier than 1/1/70
Date Tue, 09 Feb 2010 10:16:48 GMT
Hi Greg,

Yes, without having looked into the reason behind the IAE it pretty much
describes what happened.

The problem occurred with jre1.6.0_18.  We have reverted to 1.6.0_17-b04
and all is well again.

So is that a documented breaking change in 1.6.0_18 or a bug?

Perhaps a better fix would be to add a leading zero when necessary to
the MONTH and DAY_OF_MONTH and continue to use valueOf()

Scott