db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <fisc...@seitenbau.net>
Subject how to proceed with the "generator-4-0" proposal
Date Tue, 05 Jan 2010 10:47:38 GMT

Hi,

As I read your answers, in principle you are in favour of my proposal
(please let me know if I misinterpreted this)
So I'd suggest the following proceeding:
- I'll create a tar.gz containing the current state (I added some
improvements like better javadoc, mssql support etc)
- I'll start a vote on torque-dev whether to accept the code donation
- if the donation is accepted, we need to check whether I can do the
incubator ip clearance or whether someone else should do this. I'll check
with the incubator PMC after the vote result.
- And finally we need a name. I have chosen "torque-gf"  (for generation
framework) as a first candidate because "generator" is too overloaded in my
opinion, but other suggestions are certainly welcome.

Any thoughts ?

     Thomas