db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Vandahl ...@apache.org>
Subject Re: how to proceed with the "generator-4-0" proposal
Date Tue, 05 Jan 2010 16:18:52 GMT
Thomas Fischer wrote:
> - I'll start a vote on torque-dev whether to accept the code donation
> - if the donation is accepted, we need to check whether I can do the
> incubator ip clearance or whether someone else should do this. I'll check
> with the incubator PMC after the vote result.

I don't think that a code contribution of a project committer would need
ip clearance of any sort, let alone incubator handling. I guess a simple
vote should be sufficient.

> - And finally we need a name. I have chosen "torque-gf"  (for generation
> framework) as a first candidate because "generator" is too overloaded in my
> opinion, but other suggestions are certainly welcome.

I'd rather keep the name generator, because for the Torque project, it
is what is being replaced. For a later fork of this part to generalize
the generator concept you can choose whatever name suits you best as you
will not be burdened by the Torque-prefix :-)

Bye, Thomas.