db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <fisc...@seitenbau.net>
Subject RE: Adding configuration paramater to maven plugin
Date Mon, 09 Nov 2009 15:16:54 GMT
"Ludwig Magnusson" <ludwig@itcatapult.com> schrieb am 08.11.2009 23:05:03:

> I now added a parameter called "suppressWarnings" to the OM-task.
> If set to true (default is false) it will add the annotation
> @SuppressWarnings("all") to the base and map classes.
> This is a feature I'd like to see in future releases since we in our team
> have a "no warnings policy" and the torque generated classes contains ca
> 2000 warnings for a database with 50 tables.
>
> Is this something that could be useful for torque?

Personally, I do not think this is useful in general. I know that generated
code does not comply to the same standards as hand-written code, and if the
compiler warns about that, it is fine to me. I tend to exempt the generated
code from checkstyle checks etc. by excluding the separate directories
where the generated code lives.

Other opinions are welcome, of course.

However, what I do see is that this is useful for you, and that it is a
pain right now to deal with modified templates. My personal opinion is that
the right thing to do is to better support template modifications.

      Thomas