db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Vandahl ...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] A general-purpose code generation framework for torque 4
Date Tue, 17 Nov 2009 19:18:48 GMT
Thomas Fischer wrote:
> To explore what such a code generator could look like and whether it can be
> implemented at all, I have developed such a code generator, with the
> intention to include it into torque. The code proposal and a site with the
> features and a short introduction can be found here [3]. There is an
> associated maven 2 plugin [4].

I'm impressed with the concept. It looks very flexible. As much as I
admire what you did, I'm afraid this could be a little heavy for the
Torque purposes. My impression is that the template maintenance would be
much more complex than before, but I could be wrong.

I thought it could be enough to generate JAXB-Sources from the schema,
read it in, place the root element in the Velocity context and let
Velocity do the work. This is , however, not as elegant as your solution.

Bye, Thomas.