db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From "Ludwig Magnusson" <lud...@itcatapult.com>
Subject Extensive memory usage in torque-generator. Bug?
Date Mon, 23 Nov 2009 12:47:38 GMT
Hello!

A few days ago I posted in the users list that I got a
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError while trying to generate my data-sql.

I did some stress testing on the generator, here is how it went:

I used a simple table and tried to insert different number of rows, ranging
from 1 to 2000.

This is my data.xml for n number of roles:

<dataset name="all">

  <Role Id="0" Name="Role_0"/>

  <Role Id="1" Name="Role_1"/>

  .

  <Role Id="n" Name="Role_n"/>

</dataset>

At the end of each run maven prints the amount of memory used (final
memory), here are some values:

1 row - 11M/20M

100 rows - 15M/25M

1000 rows - 42M/63M

1500 rows - 58M/63M

2000 rows - fail 63M/63M

The limit seems to be around 1500 rows.

When that's the case, the input file is ca 60Kb and the output file is ca
100Kb, so how can the generator use 58Mb of memory?

Is this a bug? Known or unknown?

/Ludwig