db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From "Ludwig Magnusson" <lud...@itcatapult.com>
Subject RE: Adding configuration paramater to maven plugin
Date Sun, 08 Nov 2009 22:05:03 GMT
Great!
I now added a parameter called "suppressWarnings" to the OM-task.
If set to true (default is false) it will add the annotation
@SuppressWarnings("all") to the base and map classes.
This is a feature I'd like to see in future releases since we in our team
have a "no warnings policy" and the torque generated classes contains ca
2000 warnings for a database with 50 tables.

Is this something that could be useful for torque?

Btw Thanks for the link. I had read that page before but I hadn't noticed
the part about parameters. There is so much information and it's hard to
know where to look. When you sent the link I noticed the parameter part at
once.
/Ludwig

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas Fischer [mailto:fischer@seitenbau.net]
Sent: den 8 november 2009 22:45
To: Apache Torque Developers List
Subject: RE: Adding configuration paramater to maven plugin

"Ludwig Magnusson" <ludwig@itcatapult.com> schrieb am 08.11.2009 20:59:24:
> I am trying to add an extra parameter to the torque:om goal in the maven
> plugin. Everything works except one minor detail. I can't read the
parameter
> from my projects pom.xml.

The important thing is the @parameter comment above the private field.
This tells the maven plugin builder to read the parameter from the pom and
put it there. Setters are never called, the content is directly into the
private field (I do not like that, but no way to change it).
See e.g.
http://maven.apache.org/guides/plugin/guide-java-plugin-development.html

For example (from an arbitrary maven plugin)
    /**
     * The directory where the source files reside.
     *
     * @parameter
     */
    private File sourceDir;