db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From "Frauke Heyl" <fh...@vps.de>
Subject Connecting to DB2 9.7
Date Fri, 04 Sep 2009 12:39:11 GMT
Hello,

I would like to share some experiences that I had connecting to DB2 9.7
with Torque 3.3-RC2.

First of all: I also had the problem that all records received from
village where readOnly so I was not able to write data back to the
database. Is there any better solution available than patching the
village working dog? Will there be an official update to deal with that
problem?

Second I had to customize the templates to deal with the problem that
BOOLEANCHAR was mapped to VHARCHAR without a size declaration. This
caused a syntax error in the SQL script. I changed it to VARCHAR(1).

Further data type adaptations were necessary because some of the data
types were too small to meet our special needs, i.e. the binary data,
which I changed to BLOB.

Another problem is a DB2 specialty that does not allow UNIQUE
constraints on nullable columns. Since we also use other databases
without this restraint I could not find a solution for that. Does
anybody have an idea for a workaround?

One final question: How far is DB2 9.7 already supported by Torque?

Does anyone have experience with it and likes to share the experiences
with us so were are prepared to further problems we might meet?

Regards

Frauke