db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From mashtin.ba...@gmail.com
Subject torque+maui jobs only queue
Date Fri, 10 Jul 2009 15:54:05 GMT
I'm new to clusters. I've installed torque 2.4.0b1 and maui 3.2.6p21 on a
linux host:
Open Cluster Stack release 4.4.0 (Flintstone)
Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS release 4 (Nahant Update 4)
Rocks release 4.4.0 (Flintstone)

When anyone submits jobs, they are simply queued up with server_logs on head
node
showing: PBS_Server;Req;;Server could not connect to MOM.

I suspect it may just be how I've identified the hosts. The head node is on
one
network (acme.com) with a second interface on a private network (
10.255.255.0/24)

maui.cfg on the head node has SERVERHOST headnode.acme.com

what should the /etc/hosts files look like on the clients? and what should
the above parameter be on the clients? Or should I be looking elsewhere