db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <tfisc...@apache.org>
Subject RE: status 4.0 svn part
Date Sat, 06 Dec 2008 09:12:11 GMT

On Mon, 8 Sep 2008, Thomas Fischer wrote:

>> Do we need the proposals subdirectory in the runtime subproject?
>> Most of this stuff is old and IFAIK comes from the last major
>> revamp (3.1?). Some of them have been implemented in the code
>> already, but probably not in the original mode.
>
> Personally, I think we should remove it. But I did not want to do it
> before discussing it first. But, now, having discussed it, if nobody
> objects, I'd remove it (or you can if you want to do it)

Done.

>> I can live with the names... but the "purest" in me doesn't
>> like the redundancy of having the torque- prefix.  IMHO, it's
>> sort of like saying XML Language, i.e. Extensible Markup Language
>> Language.  If it's an easy change, I wouldn't mind dropping this.
>> But if it's not, I can live with it.
>
> I thought that the eclipse plugin only works when the names are equal to
> the artifact names. But I'll check again.

I checked and I cannot get the maven eclipse plugin to work correctly if
the directory names are different from the maven artifact ids. So I'd
prefer to leave it as it is. If you find a way to rename the directories
and still have teh maven eclipse plugin working, please make te necessary
changes.

    Thomas