Hello,

we are facing the requirement to initialize our database not only with textual data but also with binary data (mostly xml data).

We have a running database with the initial data on MSSQL 2005 and we need to have the same for Oracle. We used the datadump mechanism provided by torque to get the data from the MSSQL database. But the binary data is missing.

Is there any possibility to handle binary data using torque with the datadump and insert-sql tasks?

Another problem with the datadump task are special characters. Is there any possibility to give some codepage to the datadump task?

The format of date values generated by datadump is  “2008-01-01 20:00:00.123”. When I tried to insert the datadump result into the MSSQL database again, the MSSQL server does not understand this format, since the server is running on a german system. Any chance to add the format as a parameter?

For the binary problem I was thinking about using some tool like DBUnit, which (as far as I read) can import binary data into tables. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks for your help,

Tobias