db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <fisc...@seitenbau.net>
Subject torque 4
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2008 16:16:30 GMT
Probably I will have some time this weekend for starting the torque 4
stuff.
I'd try do the following

- create a torque 4 branch (leaving the torque 3 stuff as it is). My
suggested svn location would be /db/torque/torque4
- establish a maven 2 build
- inside the torque 4 branch, reorganize the project to not use
svn:externals any more:

/db/torque/torque4/trunk
 |-runtime
 |-generator
 |-maven-torque-plugin        <-- this would be the current maven2-plugin
 |-maven-parent               <-- parent for maven 2, corresponds to
current "common"
 |-site
 |-tutorial
 |-templates
 |-test

This layout would mean that one can check out the whole project and use it
as ide workspace. There would be no files in the trunk directory itself.

I'd not port the maven 1 plugin (maven 1 is dead) and also not village (we
want to remove village), although the ported runtime would still refer to
village.

Any objections, improvements, other suggestions ?

    Thomas