db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Vandahl ...@apache.org>
Subject Re: torque 4
Date Sat, 06 Sep 2008 09:23:10 GMT
Thomas Fischer wrote:
> Probably I will have some time this weekend for starting the torque 4
> stuff.

Great. Please go ahead.

> This layout would mean that one can check out the whole project and use it
> as ide workspace. There would be no files in the trunk directory itself.

I agree on the layout but would like to suggest to provide everything
that is necessary for a complete module build in the trunk directory,
such as NOTICE, LICENSE, README and the main pom.xml. I'm no maven2
expert but I believe that is the way things work there.

> I'd not port the maven 1 plugin (maven 1 is dead) and also not village (we
> want to remove village), although the ported runtime would still refer to
> village.

Into another branch? I'm not too happy with this. We will need to
support Village for some time to come and I imagine a nightmare if we
try to keep all the documentation together.

Bye, Thomas.