db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <fisc...@seitenbau.net>
Subject RE: Does torque shorten column identifiers to comply with database restrictions?
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2008 08:19:47 GMT
> -Does torque in general support shortening column identifiers for the
> table creation stage? (I'll worry about the runtime when I get there)

No, I'm afraid.

> -If no, what do I need to modify in order to add the support? and what
> is likely to break while I'm tinkering with it?

If I were you I'd start at the first possible place. Start where the
generator reads in the tables from the xml files, and shorten the table
names right there. So everything inside torque does not know that the table
names are longer in the xml file, and you do not run into problems anywhere
inside torque.

Whether you can use the information in the db adapter I do not now (I'm
also not sure whether the informations in the adapters are up to date). Be
cautious to avoid duplicate shortened table names.

    Thomas