db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From David Ware <da...@reeltwo.com>
Subject Does torque shorten column identifiers to comply with database restrictions?
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2008 00:24:10 GMT
Hi all,

My current task is to get our rather large torque using project working
on DB2 (it has at various stages worked on MSSQL, and currently on
postgres). The current problem I'm running into
is DB2 does not allow column names of greater than length 30. I've had a
look in the PlatformDb2Impl.java file and it defines
getMaxColumnNameLength() to be 18 but the final values is
the sql file are certainly not this short.

So the questions are
-Does torque in general support shortening column identifiers for the
table creation stage? (I'll worry about the runtime when I get there)
-If yes, what part of the DB2 templates/platform generator is likely to
be the problem?
-If no, what do I need to modify in order to add the support? and what
is likely to break while I'm tinkering with it?

Cheers,
Dave Ware