db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Vandahl <thomas.vand...@tewisoft.de>
Subject Re: svn commit: r643209 - in /db/torque: runtime/trunk/src/java/org/apache/torque/adapter/ runtime/trunk/src/java/org/apache/torque/util/ runtime/trunk/src/java/org/apache/torque/util/functions/ test/trunk/test-project/src/java/org/apache/torque/util/ test...
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2008 07:13:17 GMT
gmonroe@apache.org wrote:
> +     * Initialize the functionClasses lookup table with SQL99 standard
> +     * functions. Uses this method because DB implementations don't
> +     * currently call super() in their constructors and we want this
> +     * to be set in all of them.

I consider class block initializers a code smell. We already got hurt by
them in the Peer classes where they inhibit a correct lifecycle for the
MapBuilders. Why don't you simply add the super()-call to the adapters?
There are only a few of them so this should take less than five minutes.

Bye, Thomas.