db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From "Greg Monroe" <Greg.Mon...@DukeCE.com>
Subject RE: Include new Summary Query Helper and FunctionFactory features in 3.3 or not?
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2008 16:17:56 GMT
Yeah, you're right... I just figured I'd give the 1%
chance that people would "go yeah, that's a feature I
really wanted... lets go for it" a shot. It is really
a total new set of code with no big changes to the
tested code.

Ultimately, it boils down to the fact that we've got
such long release cycles that if it doesn't get into 3.3
then it will be sitting in the CVS version for a long
time.  Maybe the year or more that 4.0 might take.

FWIW, it's ready for check-in with all the JavaDoc info,
licensing, code style, and a test project class that
tests if it works (tests fine with MS SQL and MySQL 4.0 so
far)  The code can now be found at:

http://people.apache.org/~gmonroe/torque/TorqueSummaryHelper.zip

DukeCE Privacy Statement:
strictly prohibited.