db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>
Subject [VOTE] Release Torque 3.3-RC3 as Torque 3.3
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2008 04:50:38 GMT
Hello all,

The Release Candidate 3 for Torque 3.3 has been out for a couple of
weeks now, and no substantial bugs have been found. Therefore, I
propose we use this release candidate as a final release.

The release candidate is available from the Torque download page,
http://db.apache.org/torque/download.html

The changes since the last release, Torque 3.2, can be reviewed on
http://db.apache.org/torque/status.html
and
http://db.apache.org/torque/changes-report.html

The list of open bugs can be found in the issue tracker
hhttp://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TORQUE
A discussion thread of the issues found in 3.3-RC3 can be viewed at
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/db-torque-dev/200801.mbox/%3c479209C9.3020001@backstagetech.com.au%3e

[ ] +1 Yes, release Torque 3.3-RC3 as Torque 3.3
[ ] 0  I do not care
[ ] -1 No, 3.3-RC3 is not ready to be released (Please give reasons)

Voting is subject to the rules described in
http://db.apache.org/decisions.html
and

The vote is open till Friday, 15. Feb 2008, 16:00 Australian
Eastern Daylight Time.

As an option, you can indicate whether or not the fix for
TORQUE-108 (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TORQUE-108)
should be included in 3.3 final.  Note that there are a few other
small changes that have been committed since 3.3-RC3 was cut, but
these are _all_ related to test cases.  Note that a strong
argument for a -1 here is that this would go against the "cut
release before voting" policy that has been used of late.

[ ] +1 Yes, add the TORQUE-108 fix to Torque 3.3, but only if
it suits the Release Manager
[ ] 0  I do not care, the RM can decide.
[ ] -1 No, don't be so absurd as to suggest such a thing.

I know Thomas V. is on holiday at present, but I am going to take
the liberty of saying that he will be acting as Release Manager.

Thanks for voting,

Scott