db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>
Subject Re: Any reason not to move to 3.3 final yet?
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2008 02:29:53 GMT
Brendan Miller wrote:
>> There ist the templates issue torque-107,
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TORQUE-107
>> but this has been around for a while and I di not think it justifies
>> another version in itself, so +1 for a early 3.3 final.
>>

> Will there be a do-all-the-stuff-that-doesn't-justify-another-version
> version soon?  Can we have a 3.4 plan that does some of these "leftovers"
> without waiting another year?  I've written lots of workaround code for
> TORQUE-107, but we maintain our own copy of Village for TORQUE-8.
> Getting rid of these types of issues would make development with Torque
> a lot easier.
>
> Brendan

While I commend you on raising these issues and I know you are working
on providing test cases for them, the basic problem here is that these
issues have been raised very late in the 3.3 development cycle (which
for many reasons we do not want to extend any further) and they have not
been confirmed to exist via test cases (yes, you have provided one now
and are working on the other) or reports from other users.

I have taken the following specific actions:
1. TORQUE-8: I have resurrected the Village test case, added a test case
for this issue and the problem does not occur.  I have also noted that
the documentation indicates that it the ResultSet objects are
automatically closed.
2. TORQUE-107: I have had a fairly close look and have been unable to
spot a code path that will lead to this problem.  If this is indeed a
problem then it has been there for a long time without being reported so
I think users will survive until the next point release.
3. TORQUE-108: Now that you have supplied a test case I am reasonably
comfortable with this going in - the decision is not mine to make but I
can make it an option on the release vote (i.e. there will be a
secondary vote as to whether or not to include this in 3.3 final).

Scott