db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From "Brendan Miller" <bmil...@dotster.com>
Subject Re: Include new Summary Query Helper and FunctionFactory features in 3.3 or not?
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2008 00:53:01 GMT
> Ultimately, it boils down to the fact that we've got
> such long release cycles that if it doesn't get into 3.3
> then it will be sitting in the CVS version for a long
> time.  Maybe the year or more that 4.0 might take.

As I've mentioned before for some other [pet] issues, I suggest we
consider a 3.4 release cycle for this and other possible inclusions.

I know the "4.0 wishlist" has been around for years, but is it possible
to start 4.0 work whilst letting 3.4 things trickle in?

If there was a "we want to include as many nagging issues in a 3.4
release by <this date>", it my propel people to get with the program
on fixing some of the leftover JIRAs.

Just my thoughts.

Brendan