db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <fisc...@seitenbau.net>
Subject RE: 3.3RC3
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2008 23:40:04 GMT
Thomas, I am afraid I agree with Greg that the village source distribution
needs a rebuild because the common subdirectory is missing. The rest is ok
IMHO.

What I checked in detail:

Source distribution (in ~tv/torque):

Before testing I cleaned my maven 1 repository of RC3 stuff. I can confirm
the village compile problems using maven 1.0.2. I can not confirm the
generator compile problems (after adding the templates manually to the
repository the generatorc builds fine. Manually installing the templates
is not problematic because as plain text they are both source and binary).
The runtime compiles fine after village is added manually to the manen
repo. I used maven 1.0.2 (which is, by the way, still the recommended maven
version according to the website).

I did not check any ant builds because maven 1 is the primary build system.

I ran the test project using mysql and postgresql with the built sources
and it ran ok. I checked the test project  uses the RC3 stuff,

--------------------

binary distribution (in ~tv/torque and ~tv/torque/plugins)

I re-cleaned the maven 1 repository and installed the jars from the binary
tar.gz's and the plugin from ~tv/torque/plugins manually. Then I re-ran the
test project for mysql and postgresql and it worked allright.

-------------------

md5sums and signatures

I checked a few random signatures and md5sums and all were ok.

--------------------

maven 2 build (~tv/torque/m2-build):

I replaced my org/apache/torque part of my m2 repository with the files in
the above directory and ran the test project via maven 2. This runs fine
for both mysql and postgresql after downgrading maven2 from 2.0.8 to 2.0.4
(2.0.8 complains that "Class org/codehaus/plexus/util/xml/Xpp3Dom violates
loader constraints" which is a maven2 problem and not ours)

Thomas, if you need help fixing the village source distribution just tell
me.

   Thomas