db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <fisc...@seitenbau.net>
Subject Re: Any reason not to move to 3.3 final yet?
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2008 07:22:43 GMT
The reason for splitting the generated sources was that the non-base
classes are intended to be improved manually. As they were in the target
directory in the 3.3-RC1 directory layout, a "mvn clean" just nuked all the
wonderfully improved classes. In contrary, the base classes are not
intended to be modified manually, and these should be removed by a "mvn
clean". The solution was to leave the base classes where they were and move
the non-base classes to src/main/generated-java (the reason for not using
the src/main/java directory was that I was uneasy about generating stuff
into a directory not intended for automatic generation)

The change was discussed on torque-dev, see

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/db-torque-dev/200701.mbox/%3c20070122133159.R5104@minotaur.apache.org%3e

and nobody objected. I've been working with that layout in some projects
and so far I did not spot any weak spots. The only issue which is
questionable whether the base classes should be generated in
target/generated-sources instead of targer/generated-sources/torque (for
compliance with other code generation tools that use
target/generated-sources), but that is a minor issue and easily
reconfigured.

Maybe your problem arises from adding the directory
target/generated-sources/torque to maven's compileSources twice (the plugin
does not check whether the two directories for base and non-base classes
are the same). If you want the non-base classes to be in the target tree,
can you perhaps try another directory for the non-base classes (e.g.
target/generated-sources/torque-non-base)

Maybe the problem is due to another code-genrating plugin you are using
which uses the taget-generated-sources directory. In this case, you can
reconfigure the torque plugin to also use the target-generated-sources
directory, using the following configuration:

        <configuration>
          <baseOutputDir>${project.build.directory}/generated-sources</
baseOutputDir>
          <baseReportFile>
../torque/report.${project.artifact.artifactId}.om.base.generation</
baseReportFile>
        </configuration>

      Thomas

"Jeffrey Brekke" <ekkerbj@gmail.com> schrieb am 21.01.2008 19:47:51:

> Just skipping the site goals allow me to build and it seems so far
> everything is working.  But I was using 3.3-RC1 and without additional
> configuration, generated sources are put in the
> target/generated-sources/torque directory, this includes the
BaseXXXX.javaand

http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/torque/torque-maven-plugin/

org.apache.torque