db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From "Greg Monroe" <Greg.Mon...@DukeCE.com>
Subject RE: Any reason not to move to 3.3 final yet?
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2008 23:09:11 GMT

From: Scott Eade

> Greg Monroe wrote:
> >
> > Along with this, we should make a "formal" announcement
> > to the user and dev lists that we're planning for a quick
> > 3.3 release.  Please test RC3 against your apps, etc.
> >
> IMO this is not necessary, or at least it is implicit in the
> fact that
> it is an RC.

I was thinking that a specific note on this would be a
good idea since some folks might be thinking:  "I'll
get around to that in a month or so because the final
release won't be for..."  8)

> > Also, during this period, we committers probably should
> > limit code check-ins, e.g. only very minor changes /
> > show stopper bug fixes (if any).
> >
> This should have been the case since RC-1.

Ce La Open Source... We should doc everyone's pay...

FWIW, I went back and noticed that there is no 3.2 release date
listed in the change log... So I did some digging in the mail
archives and found that:

RC3 was released on 11/13/05.
A vote was called on 11/25/05 to use this as 3.2
The vote results where announced on  12/02/05
The 3.2 Announcement came out on 12/10/05

So history is repeating itself...lol.
DukeCE Privacy Statement:
strictly prohibited.