db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From "Greg Monroe" <Greg.Mon...@DukeCE.com>
Subject RE: Any reason not to move to 3.3 final yet?
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2008 15:29:50 GMT
Sounds good, I see no problems with this.  My only minor
procedural thoughts are:

We probably should allow at least three weeks / a month
after the RC3 candidate for people to get around to
testing their apps with it. But none of the RC2->RC3
changes in the log seem likely to generate big "gotcha's".
But our major QA testing is always the user base.

Along with this, we should make a "formal" announcement
to the user and dev lists that we're planning for a quick
3.3 release.  Please test RC3 against your apps, etc.

Also, during this period, we committers probably should
limit code check-ins, e.g. only very minor changes /
show stopper bug fixes (if any).

These are just some top of the mind thoughts about how
to do this.. take them or leave them.

Greg

DukeCE Privacy Statement:
strictly prohibited.