db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From "Greg Monroe" <Greg.Mon...@DukeCE.com>
Subject RE: Some 3.3RC3 Testing results (and failures)
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2008 23:10:18 GMT
After testing with Derby some more, I found that
the "Column 'A_ID'  cannot accept a NULL value"
errors were actually being caused by Derby not
being able to drop and existing table (circular
foreign key reference).

So, the table was not being created with native
autoincrement settings.  This was causing the error
to occur. (This was compounded on my part by some
missconfigured Derby settings that made me think
I had deleted the DB files between runs when it
actually hadn't been done.)

There is still the problem with "the ORDER BY
clause may not specify an expression, since the
query specifies DISTINCT".  I've tracked this down
to Derby not allowing for selects like:

SELECT DISTINCT author.author_id, author.name,
   UPPER(author.name)
FROM author INNER JOIN book ON
   author.author_id=book.author_id
ORDER BY UPPER(author.name) ASC

The problem is the UPPER function.  Not sure there
is a way to fix this easily.  But IMHO this specific
problem isn't a show stopper.