db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Vandahl ...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 3.3RC3
Date Sat, 05 Jan 2008 17:52:38 GMT
Greg Monroe wrote:
> Village-3.3-RC3-src.* distro:
>
> Missing the common directory so it will not compile with ant
> or Maven 1.1

Ok, I fixed this.

> Torque-Gen-3.3-RC3-src.* distro:
>
> Missing the License.txt and NOTICE files in the common dir.  So
> it will not compile.

Fixed this as well.

> Also, the Ant build process failed to get various Avalon and
> Maven jars from svn.apache.org (File not found errors).  This
> may or may not be a problem on a "clean" machine. (I suspect
> it compiled with these failures because my local repository
> already had the required files.)  Probably not a show stopper,
> but...

I guess svn.apache.org is not supposed to be the primary source for
those jars. My first entry in the list of repos is
http://repo1.maven.org/maven

This works fine even with an empty repository.

BTW, a word of caution here: The Torque maven-1 plugin must be installed
manually and will not coexist with other versions. Even if you define an
explicit dependency on a certain version for your project, maven will
still use the one installed. I don't know if that's a bug or a feature.

Bye, Thomas.