db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <fisc...@seitenbau.net>
Subject Re: torque 3.3 schedule
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2007 16:08:49 GMT
I'd think twice before switching the build process now to m2. The
"official", tested, proven build is still the m1 build. I do believe that
the m2 build produces correct jars but I'm not so sure about testing, site
etc.
I agree wholeheartedly that we should tackle this after 3.3 but I'd rather
not touch this now. Building a release is complicated enough.

Also, I'm not sure whether m2 can deploy in a m1 repo (never done this
before). This will need some research.

I'd leave this to Thomas V to decide (he has all the hassle building the
stuff) but personally I'd get 3.3 out of the door and clean up afterwards.

     Thomas

"Jeffrey Brekke" <ekkerbj@gmail.com> schrieb am 17.10.2007 17:17:44:

> Eeeww.  m2 can obtain artifacts from an m1 repo, but I think the
> issues come into deployment of the m2 plugin into/from an m1 repo (
> and maybe vice-versa ).   If the plugins are separate projects,
> installed into their respective repos, shouldn't the non-plugin
> artifacts (jars) just be deployed into one place with once
> group/artifactid?  Even if this is a m1 repo?  Then we could just use
> an m2 build for everything but the m1 plugin?
>
> On 10/17/07, Thomas Fischer <fischer@seitenbau.net> wrote:
> > a) we cannot use a m2 build only because the m1 plurgin needs an m1
build.
> > And we cannot use a m1 build only because the m2 plugin needs a m2
build.
> > So we have to use two types of repository at the moment and we cannot
do
> > anything against it.
> > b) The m1:org.apache.torque is the long term goal. I'd not switch the
group
> > id in an rc. Also, having the two goup ids separates the two builds:
group