db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <fisc...@seitenbau.net>
Subject RE: Inserting Special Characters in Oracle using TORQUE.
Date Fri, 26 Oct 2007 08:26:55 GMT
There are fixed length character sets (each character uses the same amount
of space, like ISO-8859-1 (1 byte) or unicode(2 bytes)) and variable length
character sets where some characters neen more space than others (e.g.
utf-8 where characters can occupy 1-3 bytes). It seems that java and the db
use different character sets. The database or its driver takes care of the
conversion, which can lead to a longer byte sequence in the db.

The solution would be a) to make the length check in the charset of the db
or b) use the same charset in the db as in the web application.

          Thomas

SheraX <sheraz.jamshed@redmath.com> schrieb am 26.10.2007 08:21:17:

> Hellow everyone,
>
> I am getting a strange problem. I am developing a webapplication in IBM
> Rational Software Development Platform Version: 6.0.1 Using Torque
Version