db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From "Greg Monroe" <Greg.Mon...@DukeCE.com>
Subject RE: torque 3.3 schedule
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2007 14:27:07 GMT
FWIW, I'm -0.25 on integrating it into the Runtime jar
for this version.

Mostly because of possible support issues around having
an old version of Village in the classpath with new code
in the Torque jar.  This probably won't be a developer
problem because Maven, et al, handle the dependencies.
But I can see it happening on established production
servers where removing old jars are often forgotten.

Now that we "own" the code, we're going to be able to put
in misc "patches" for various problems. So I can see
issues coming up due to jar miss-matches with classes in
two places.

IHMO, it seems much cleaner to keep it as a separate jar
until it's totally re-packaged into the org.apache.torque
(or some such) package. Doing this would require a lot
of testing.

DukeCE Privacy Statement:
strictly prohibited.